Driving an Old Car
Looking at the front pages of car magazines and popular automotive websites someone can assume that the vast majority of cars on our roads are shiny Teslas or at least semi-autonomous vehicles with a brain of their own. But if you look around, you’ll see that more than half of the autos are over ten years old.
If you are one of these lucky dudes who drive the latest model of a fancy EV, good for you! The rest of us still can enjoy the fruits of technological progress without spending a fortune on a new car. Here is a couple of examples of how you can improve your driving experience.
- Meet TriboTEX – a new solution to reverse your engine wear. The Washington state-based company uses Nanotechnology to fight friction in machinery. If you add their environmentally-friendly nanoparticles-based applicator to your engine oil, it will create a self-forming thick protective coating for engine’s internal components. It starts working on repairing the vehicle’s engine right away and lasts for 40,000 miles.
- Nanoparticles are flat and have two functionally different sides: sticky to attach to the surface and reinforce it, and slippery to reduce friction. Their application results in 10 times reduction in friction, increased fuel efficiency, horsepower, lower maintenance costs, reduced engine noise and ultimately – increases the vehicle’s lifespan.
- The product is a result of seven years of scientific research and experiments funded by a number of prestigious organizations including NASA, National Science Foundation, U.S. Department of Energy among others.
- TriboTEX will be available for sale at $99 this summer. But you have a chance to pre-order it right now on Kickstarter, receive this spring (before everybody else on the market), and get a significant discount. The campaign reached the funding goal on the first day, with more than a thousand customers who have ordered the applicator. But you still have a limited time to grab TriboTEX for only $50.
- In 2016, estimated 40,200 people died in car accidents, the highest rate since 2007. Lower gasoline prices, improving economy have lead Americans to driving more. Driver distraction and our society’s addiction to electronic devices were among the key factors in the increase in fatalities.
- Fortunately, technology can become a solution to this problem. One of the fastest growing demands among car owners is for safety features. The majority of new vehicles have complex computers and multiple sensors. But drivers of old cars can also afford some of the new technologies without the need for replacing their vehicles.
- Here comes CarVi – an Advanced Driver’s Assistant Systems (ADAS) device. It incorporates artificial intelligence software to make your car smarter and safer; plus, to help you become a better driver. It combines a dashboard camera with a mobile app to provide real-time forward collision and lane departure warnings. The device has a scoring system and a personalized coaching option.
- In the case of a car accident, CarVi’s proprietary Crash Algorithm based on Motion, Vision, and Sound will provide all necessary information for fast and accurate insurance claims. It also can be used to lower your insurance premiums if you are a safe driver and your underwriter offers Usage-Based Insurance (UBI). CarVi costs only $299 and can be installed in a matter of minutes.
So, if you are worried about your old car, stress no more. Educate yourself about new opportunities offered by upcoming technologies, and you will be able to enjoy driving your mature vehicle (and not paying for a new car loan) for years to come.