Looking at used cars is a fun task year-round, but research and statistics show that there are some specific times that are better if you want to find great deals. When you think of deals your mind automatically pictures the madness that Black Friday can bring. You may find yourself in shock when you see that this event is at the bottom of the list when it comes to the best times.
Carfax states that the best time to enjoy the task of looking at a pre-owned car is when the dealer is most motivated. If you go in on a busy day you will not get as much attention from the people on the floor. This means that you will not get as much information and may not even get the opportunity to test drive, which is the most entertaining aspect of looking at them.
1. Weekdays-Mondays and Tuesdays are the best times of the week to go. The reason for this is simple. The weekends are busy and very chaotic at times for the people working. At the beginning of the week things have calmed down, fewer people are present, and you can get more time chatting and looking over everything that is on the lot.
2. Month-The end of the month is another exciting time to go around and drive vehicles. It is a slow time for all car lots because people have other priorities. The people working also have goals that they need to meet so giving time to you to look everything over will be a top priority for them. As I have mentioned before, the more time that you can get, the more vehicles you can explore and drive.
3. Year-The end of the year, and the very beginning, are great times to visit locations that have used cars in Austin. The people working have some goals to make that require long hours and little sleep. By the end of the year, most of them will be fighting to get to the next level of their quota requirements. Plus, they will be tired and even a little desperate.
4. Slow Months-This is a time of year that you prefer to stay inside and curl up next to a fire, or heater. December, January, and February are the three best months of the year because most people prefer to be indoors during the colder months. People try not to drive during these months as well because of the conditions of the roads. People working will be more than willing to talk to you about all the little gadgets and gizmos that the cars on the lot have. Driving any of the vehicles will be easy, and time limits for the drive will not be as low.
5. Holidays-This is the only time of the year that you will want to go to the lot when it will be busy. Staffing is usually beefed up so you can get assistance from eager workers. Some holidays are still bad choices, such as July 4th. Others are great, such as Christmas Eve.
According to iSee, the best times of the year to visit your local used car lot may be shocking to you. Below you will find the ranking in order from the best to the worst. Keep in mind, though, that these times are the top best times and they do not include the bottom performing times.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day
- Christmas Eve
- Veteran’s Day
- Black Friday
As you can see, some of the best times of the year to look at used vehicles are holidays that are usually busy times for you. If you can take the time to go down to the lot and drive some cars, you will be satisfied with your experience.